On Fiverr, your "Gig" is the service you offer. Creating it is your chance to showcase your skills and provide customers with everything they need to decide if you're the right fit for their project.
Note: You may only create new Pro Gigs in the categories in which you have been approved. To apply for additional Pro categories, you must complete the Pro Service Expansion form.
Creating a Fiverr Pro Gig
To create a Fiverr Pro Gig:
After you log in to Fiverr, from the Selling menu, click My Business → Gigs.
- Click Create a new Gig. All approved Pro categories will be noted with a badge to the right of the category name.
STEP 1: Overview
- In the Gig Title field, write a title of up to 80 characters.
- The Gig Title is what customers usually look at first when browsing your account (after clicking your Gig). Make it clear, short, and to the point.
- Be sure to include the relevant keywords for your service.
- The title should be less than 50 characters to avoid being cut off on the Gig card.
In the Category drop-down menu, select the appropriate category and subcategory for your Gig.
- You can only create Fiverr Pro Gigs in the categories for which you are approved. If you feel a category is missing, contact your Pro Experience Manager.
Let’s take gaming as an example. Gaming is not a category. So, if you provide services related to Gaming, just select a category related to Gaming (or define the criteria in the Gig Metadata area further down). For example, if your service is Game Design, select Graphics & Design > Game Design.
In the Service Type drop-down menu, choose a service type to ensure you appear in the search results related to the category you selected.
Note: This tool is only available for specific categories. https://www.fiverr.com/categories
- In the Gig Metadata area, you must select the relevant criteria for each topic.
Note: This tool is only available for specific categories.
- In the Search Tags field, add a minimum of one word or phrase that best describes your Gig. Tip: Add 3-4 accurate tags to keep it professional.
6. Click Save & Continue.
STEP 2: Scope and Pricing
- In the Packages section, write a brief title for each package.
- Describe the details of your offering in the area provided.
- In the Delivery Time drop-down menu, select the number of days it will take for you to complete your Gig.
- Select the various items you would like to include in your package. This depends on the type of service you are offering. For example, if you are offering logo design services, you can select from a predefined list of items, such as the number of logos to include, the source files, or a high-resolution file.
- In the Revisions drop-down menu, select the number of revisions you include in your Gig.
- In the Price drop-down menu, select a price for your service.
- We recommend you create three different packages to offer different levels of your service to cater to a variety of customers.
- If you create three packages, your customized extra services will be available to customers when they proceed to the checkout page.
Tips for deciding what your Gig price should be.
When pricing your Gig, consider the following factors:
When pricing your Gig, consider the following factors:
- How much are other Freelancers charging for similar services?
- How much do you usually charge for your service?
- How much do you want to make per hour? How long does your service typically take?
- How much do your competitors charge for a similar service both on and off Fiverr?
- Consider the Fiverr commission of 20% into your price and VAT, for Freelancers located in Israel.
Adding extra services
You have the option to deliver your Gig extra fast and charge accordingly.
To set extra fast delivery:
In the Add extra services section, select the Extra fast delivery checkbox to indicate how many days it will take you to deliver, and how much money you will charge.
Note: If you select Extra fast delivery, the amount of days for the extra fast delivery cancels out the amount of time you indicated in your extra services.
Other extra services:
You can also offer other extra services for your Gig, which will be available to the customer during the order process. These fields are optional.
To add them, go to the Add extra services area and select from the list of items available. Or, if you would like to add unique customized Gig extras, then click Add Gig Extra, and fill out a title, Description, amount of money you will charge, and how long it will take you to deliver.
STEP 3: Description and FAQ
In the Description field, briefly describe your Gig (up to 1,200 characters). Be as detailed as possible so customers will be able to understand if this meets their needs.
- The Gig description should be an informative sales pitch introducing you as a Fiverr Pro Freelancer, why customers should buy from you (address your experience and the quality/uniqueness of service you offer), and clearly state what is included in the service (or not) along with your workflow process.
- Don't make it too long.
- You should use the appropriate industry organization when needed (but still make sure you address all customer levels. Sometimes it's better to elaborate).
- Try to write a "Call to action" text for Description.
- Clear Gig descriptions save time! If a customer can understand your service clearly, they'll be less likely to ask questions or misunderstand.
- If you're using any professional software or equipment - you can indicate it in the Description.
- In the Frequently Asked Questions area, you can add answers to the most commonly asked questions. Your FAQs will be displayed on your Gig page.
Add a question you think customers may ask, and then write your answer, then click Add.
- Add a "What makes me a Pro Freelancer?" question (many customers will ask this)
- Create at least 3 FAQ questions and update them over time, as necessary.
- Each question should be addressed separately.
- Include items you don't provide as part of your service.
- Make sure to mention exceptions or services you're unable to deliver.
- Update it regularly with the most commonly asked questions.
- When finished adding your FAQs, click Save & Continue.
- If your Gig description is in a language other than English, then you will need to have the related English translation below.
STEP 4: Requirements
Tell your customer what you need to start the order. You can define instructions for your customer as free text, multiple-choice questions, or file uploads.
- In the Requirement #1 field, enter the requirement details.
In the Answer Type field, select either Free Text, Multiple Answer, or Attached File.
Note: If you select Multiple Answer, answer fields will be displayed. Fill out the multiple-choice answers you want the customer to choose. You also have the option to allow more than one answer.
If you require the customer to provide the information you selected, mark the "Answer is mandatory" checkbox.
Tip: We recommend asking only for the necessary information to start the order or don't make all answers mandatory. Sometimes many requirements can turn away potential customers.
- Click Add.
- When finished defining your customer requirements, click Save & Continue.
STEP 5: Gallery
In the Gig Photos area, drag an image or click Browse and select an image. Upload photos that describe or relate to your Gig. You may upload up to 3 images. The photos can be samples of your work. Each image should be in JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP format, and up to 50 MB. The image should be owned by you. Do not use copyrighted images; otherwise, your Gig won't be approved.
Recommended image size
1280 x 769 px, with a minimum of 712 x 430 and a maximum of 4000 x 2416 px (at 72 DPI).
If you’re using a Mac, use Preview. On Windows, use Photo Gallery. Other free tools are available online.
The main image should be professional, clean, eye-catching, and unique for each Gig.
The main image should have clear elements, even in the small Gig card form.
For more information, see Gig image guidelines and Making an Impression with your Pro Gig.
In the Gig Video area, drag a video or click Browse and select a video.
Notes: You can only have one Video in your Gig. Must communicate your message in less than 75 seconds.
Every time you change your Gig Video, it is sent for review by the Editorial team.
Once you add a video, it will be used for the thumbnail in the marketplace (in place of the photos you upload).For more information about adding a video to your Gig.
Gig Video helps significantly with conversions, and will help you explain why customers should work with you as well as what your Gig is all about. For more information, see our Gig Video Tips in the article Making an Impression with your Pro Gig.
In the Gig PDF area, drag a PDF or click Browse and select a PDF. You may upload up to 2 PDF files.
Note: This field is optional. Only the first three pages of your PDF will be displayed.
- Click Save & Continue.
STEP 6: Publish
Click Publish Gig. Note: You will see various social networks on which you can promote your Gig. To promote your Gig, just click an icon and fill out the details.
- Generally speaking, it takes anywhere from a few days to a week for Fiverr Pro Gigs to be approved.
- If your Gig contains a video, its status will be pending until your Gig video is reviewed. If your Gig does not contain a video, it will be labeled Active.