Being a Pro freelancer is not just about high-quality deliverables; it's about giving your customer pro-level service as well! Customers expect Pro freelancers to shine throughout the ordering and delivery process. Use our tips to make sure you stand out as the top-tier freelancer you are.
Communicate like a Pro
Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success -- better communication means better customer satisfaction, better ratings, better revenue. Keep the following in mind when you're working with your customers:
- Answer questions quickly! Customers usually contact more than one freelancer for information. The faster you reply, the more likely you are to convert that inquiry into a sale.
- End each message with a question or other reason for your customer to respond. Your messages should never leave a customer wondering where they stand. End every message with a call to action. "Should I send you a custom offer?" "How does that sound?" "What do you think about XYZ?"
- Receiving spam messages? Use the Report button at the bottom of the message, so it doesn't affect your response rate.
- Pro freelancers can call customers to discuss order details (via Skype, Hangouts, etc.). Just make sure to document your discussion within Fiverr.
Be transparent in your messages
- Spell everything out. On digital platforms, there's a big temptation to be casual in your communication, as if you were texting a friend. Don't do it. Write in clear, full sentences using proper grammar and punctuation.
- When quoting a customer, there is no such thing as giving too much information. Lay everything out on the table. What is the customer getting when they purchase your Gig? What can they expect from your timeline? How do you break down your pricing?
- Break down your offer, tell them what the workflow will be, ask them if they want a custom offer, etc.
Use unifying words
Use unifying words (ex: with, us, or together) to let the customer know that you consider their project to be a partnership.
Set expectations and follow through
Set expectations with your customers by providing estimated dates for reaching out to them again or sending work deliveries. Meet or beat all your obligations.
Follow up with your customers
- Follow up with potential customers even if they haven't replied to your last message.
- You'll find that emails that end with a specific follow-up question receive a better response.
- Don't forget to follow up with past customers after order completion.
Download the Fiverr mobile app
Downloading the Fiverr Android or iOS app will help you keep up with orders & customer requests on the go. Being able to see and respond to requests anytime is a great way to grow your business faster while keeping your flexible lifestyle.
Be responsive to increase conversions
Want to increase the chance of closing the sale by 50%? Pro freelancers who respond to new messages within 12 hours do just that. This means responding to new messages must be your priority on Fiverr Pro.
Take the high road
People don't always behave well online. Some potential customers may behave rudely. If this happens, respond politely and professionally. In other words, don't feed the trolls. If another user's behavior crosses the line, report it. If you feel like you're in a gray area, reach out to your Pro Experience Manager for help and advice.
Don't spam people
This should go without saying, but to be clear, don't contact other users to sell them something without their consent. It's a violation of our terms of service, and it's not Fiverr Pro behavior.
Tailor services to your customer's needs with Custom Offers
You don't have to miss out on earnings if your Gig doesn't exactly meet your customer's needs. Send them a Custom Offer with a custom price (up to $50,000).
If time is tight, ask for an extension
Sometimes something gets in the way of meeting a deadline. For example, you're writing a case study, and the customer's contact didn't get back to you by the designated time. Never click the delivery button to deliver an incomplete order—it's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service, and it won't end with a happy customer. Instead, visit the Resolution Center to extend the delivery date of the order. Be sure not to make a habit of this. If you find yourself always needing extensions, update your Gig with a more accurate timeline for delivery.
Track your earnings to learn how you can make more money
Fiverr tools allow you to track revenues and performance. You can use this information to tweak how you do business and maximize your profits. For example, take a look at your best selling Gig and see if you can use it to improve how you present your other Gigs. Or consider adjusting your pricing and measure the results. We recommend you take a snapshot of your revenue every month to measure your progress.
As a Pro freelancer, you’re part of something special. Your talent stands out, so your customer care and work quality should, too. Your Pro Experience Manager is here to offer guidance and answer any questions you may have along your Fiverr Pro journey—we’re just a call, message, or email away.
Perhaps most importantly, be yourself! Set yourself apart by keeping your brand original and true to who you are.
|We are currently in the process of working on and updating the Pro Freelancer application form and will not be able to take any new applications at this time. If you are interested in applying for Pro status, we encourage you to check back soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.