Let’s review how to manage your inbox’s safety, in case you receive a message that may be considered as spam or suspicious behavior/content.
What is a “spam” message?
Any type of messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring, and disruptive to the recipient’s experience is considered a "spam message" on Fiverr.
For example, unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr.
Learn more with Fiverr's Community Standards.
How it works
Note: Spam messages won’t affect your response rate, as long as you report them as spam within 24 hours from when they were sent.
|Learn more with Response rate and response time FAQs.
When you encounter disruptive or unwanted messaging activity, you can:
- Mark a message as Spam
- Respond to a spam message
Report suspicious messages
The message will be reviewed by our Trust and Safety team.
This also gives you the option to to block a user.
Learn more with How to report content or behavior on Fiverr.
Mark as spam or report a message
|To report messages or mark them as Spam:
|To mark a message as “spam” on the mobile app:
|1. Press and hold the message within the conversation > Report spam.
Responding to a spam message
If you’d like to respond to the message after you’ve marked it as spam:
- Go to your inbox > All conversations > Spam.
- Open the message and click unblock to reactivate the ability to send the customer a message.
- You’ll then be able to respond within 24 hours before it affects your response rate.
Report a message
If you report a message for Fiverr to review:
|Learn more with Blocking certain customers or Blocking certain freelancers.
Safe communication tips and guidelines
In order to have safe and productive communications in the marketplace, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Don’t share your contact information or communicate outside of Fiverr
- If you send samples, make sure to add a watermark or some form of a logo to prevent the use of the material
- Be careful when opening attachments that were sent without being solicited
Learn more with Communication: The Dos and Don'ts.
Platform safety guidelines
|The following activities listed below undermine the integrity of our platform, violate the privacy of our members, and are potentially harmful.
If you encounter spam, please report it.
To ensure safety on the platform, please be cautious and aware of any messages that include:
- Direct messages to promote their services or specific services to customers
- Requests for donations or free work
- Unsolicited or deceptive messages
- Potentially harmful content (malware, phishing, etc.)
- Use of artificial tools and/or automated processes to send mass messages
Messages that are irrelevant to your Gig
This includes offers, questions, suggestions, or anything unrelated to your Gigs, requests, or orders.
- Requesting guidance on how to start selling on Fiverr
Example of a spam message
I’m a recruiter from _____, I’m sorry I had to text you this way, I checked your profile and got to notice you will be perfect for our pending freelance job.
Briefly, the Projects are different pages with same price of $25 per page, we hope to hire you!
If you are interested kindly reach our manager on Telegram (@name). He will direct you on the Project.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you 😊
|Note: If you receive a message like the example above, please mark it as “spam” and report it.