To increase your confidence in choosing the right freelancer, Fiverr offers paid video consultations. Schedule a call with specific sellers before placing an order to discuss their services, project goals, specific requirements, and overall project needs, setting the stage for a successful collaboration.
How it works
- Use the new search filter to find a freelancer who offers paid video consultations
- Schedule your consultation
- Confirm & pay
- Share your project details
Step 1: Search using the filter
Customers can quickly find freelancers who offer this tool by using the new filter.
Pick the Gig you need, and then click "Service options" to find the dropdown list of each service offering.
Step 2: Schedule your consultation
- Find the "Book a consultation" button on a freelancer's profile or Gig page, or within the "Contact me" dropdown. You can read the freelancer’s consultation description to get a better idea of what to expect.
- Pick the amount of time you’d like for your meeting (either 30 minutes or 60 minutes).
Note: The Book consultation tool will show you the freelancer’s available time options.
- Select the date/time you’d like to schedule your consultation meeting.
Note: The Consultation tool will show you the freelancer’s availability.
- Click Continue to reserve and pay.
Step 3: Confirm & pay
- Fill in your payment details > Pay in USD (or the currency you’ll be paying with).
Note: You’ll have up to 1 hour to complete payment in order to book and confirm your consultation.
- If your original time slot is not available due to delayed payment (more than an hour), you’ll need to pick a new time for your Consultation.
- You’ll receive a confirmation e-mail with your Consultation details after your payment has been confirmed. We’ll also send you a reminder email 15-45 minutes before the scheduled call.
Important reminders on payments:
If you don't complete payment within an hour:
- The consultation and calendar event will be automatically canceled, and the time slot will become available again.
However, if payment takes longer than an hour:
- The event will only be created if the chosen time slot is still available.
- If your original time slot isn't available anymore, we'll send you and the freelancer an email to find a different suitable time that works for both.
Step 4: Share your projects details
|1. Once your payment has succeeded, you’ll then be required to fill out a form with your Consultation requirements and expectations (preset questions set by Fiverr) for the freelancer to review before your meeting.
|2. Provide as much detail as possible, including any relevant files, of your project. Once the form has been completed, click Submit requirements.
After a consultation is booked
How to join your video consultations
- To join your scheduled video call, all you need to do is click the join button.
You can access the Join button or video call link via:
- The Orders page
- Your reminder email
Note: If you need to reschedule the call, please return to the order chat where the freelancer will initiate the video call instead of it starting automatically.
- After your consultation, you’ll be able to access the recording for a limited time through the order’s page.
Learn more about meeting safety tips with Video calls.
Receive your summary
- Once the consultation call has ended, the freelancer will write up a summary of your consultation (the written summary is the order’s delivery).
- You should receive your written summary up to 10 days from the order’s date.
Note: The delivery will be considered “late” if it’s not delivered within 10 days from the order date.
- You’ll then be able to provide feedback about the freelancer, just like a regular Gig order.
Cancellation and refunds
Cancellation and refunds work just like any regular Gig order.
You can cancel your consultation via the Resolution Center.
If a freelancer misses the scheduled consultation, it will be treated as an undelivered order.
The same rules for freelancers missing delivery dates on Gigs also apply to Consultations.
If you miss your consultation:
We recommend that you try and reschedule with your seller before canceling.
Note: If you reschedule a Consultation, the communications you’ll receive from Fiverr won't be updated with the new date/time.
Important reminders on rescheduling or rebooking:
If you want to reschedule, you can discuss a different time to meet with your freelancer. The freelancer will need to start the call in this case—it won’t initiate automatically.
Either party can cancel the consultation, and then you can order again.
If you reschedule a time without canceling the original appointment first, the reminder email will still reflect the original date and time booked during the order process, not the newly scheduled date/time.
Note: If you reschedule the consultation, the communications you’ll receive from Fiverr (e.g., email reminders) won't be updated. If you reschedule a time without canceling the original appointment first, the reminder email will still reflect the original date and time booked during the order process, not the newly scheduled date/time.
Learn more with Consultation FAQs for buyers.