Fiverr hosts both online and offline services. Here are some safety tips for services that need face-to-face meetings.
These safety tips are suggestions. The use of local services is at your own risk. Fiverr is not responsible or liable for client/freelancer behavior. See our Terms of Service
Something to report?
If you attended a meeting and the client/freelancer acted unprofessionally—regarding the order, by asking for personal or payment details, or similar—report it to Customer Support
Before & after the meeting
Some points to consider before (and after) meeting a client/freelancer.
Make sure you only message using your Fiverr Inbox—don’t use your personal email (potential malware or virus issues) or any social networking profiles.
Think about the following:
- Have the online communications been polite and professional?
- Did they ask for personal details, payment, something else?
- Did they ask overly personal questions?
Try not to share your personal home/mobile phone number.
Check if your region has a free voice account similar to Google Voice.
Do not share the following information:
- Identification: National ID, social security number, driver’s license, passport, etc.
- Address: Home or work
- Phone number: Home, work, mobile
- Bank or payment information
- Per our Terms of Service, payments are only made via Fiverr
- When you pay via Fiverr, Customer Support can help if there is a payment issue
Getting ready to meet
Keep a few safety measures in mind when meeting a client/freelancer in person.
Did you try and learn something about the other person?
- Search the internet, try LinkedIn, etc.
- Is there a profile picture? You can do a reverse online search
Share meeting information
- Tell a trusted person the meeting address and start/end times
- Charge your phone and maybe add a tracking app
- Arrange your own transportation
Learn the location
- Try to meet in a public place
- Unfamiliar with the meeting locale?
- Search for information about the neighborhood
- Arrive early to look around
- Meeting at a private address? If it concerns you...
- Ask about pets, ex. Large dogs!
- Ask if there will be disturbances, ex. children
Arrive at the meeting
Don’t enter or leave immediately...
- If you are uncomfortable with the meeting location or conditions
- If you feel uncomfortable with the conversation
- If you think a participant is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
If the meeting goes ahead, keep in mind that you should always keep your food and/or drink in view at all times.